This is the first manual of the Child-Parent Center Preschool 3rd Grade (CPC P-3) program. It describes how to implement a comprehensive system of services for promoting school readiness, achievement, and healthy development in a child's first decade. The P-3 approach of the program is designed to enhance continuity in learning during the transitions from home to center-based preschool settings, from preschool to kindergarten, and sequentially from kindergarten to the elementary grades.
Six appendices from the CPC-P3 research including:
- Leadership Structure
- Before/After Implementation Expansion
- Background & Requirements
- Parent Involvement Process
- Time of Instructional Activities (Chicago) Full- & Part-Time
- Classroom Learning & Activities Checklist